1. On the back (paper side) of a piece of sticky-backed felt, outline the child's name.
2. Cut out around the letters. (For stability, keep the letters connected.) Bubble letters work well.
3. Slowly peel the back from the felt.
4. Carefully place the sticky side on the box where you want it. (You only have one chance to get this right, the adhesive is pretty strong.)
glue. Allow to dry.
6. To personalize the dress-up box even more, I chose a photo of the child, printed it out and sprayed it twice with a thin coat of hair spray. (Allowing it to dry between coats.) This gave the photo more durability. I carefully cut away all the excess from the photo and glued the child's picture to the top of the box. In this case, I chose a picture of the child in her Halloween costume and drew a wand in her hand. By adding a glitter starburst to the end of the wand, it appears she is adding the glitter to her name.
Inside the box she'll find (just to name a few things): silly sunglasses, tiaras, dress-up clothing, a boa, gloves, purses filled with necklaces and bracelets and tu-tus, of course.
Post a Comment